Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need qty note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjax

Industrial
Jan 28, 2004
US
Need help finding a way to create a simple note that parametricaly shows the qty of the currently set drawing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Jjax

Why not use a balloon? Do you have a QTY parameter already in your parts? Is this note on a piece part or assembly. The QTY parameter can be added to the family table and different values given for each variation. You can have your note read &qty if it is a piece part, in an assembly you many have to add the part under views, drawing views, add model and pick the model that you want to show the QTY for. Then your note will read &qty. It may change to &qty:#.

Hope this helps,

Tofflemire

Have a drawing that has a finished assy. sheet with main BOM and is ballooned. next sheets contain detailed views of all the assy. components. Already have note that will references the components part params for Det#,Desc,Matl,& heat treat info. Just want to add a line that will generate a QTY that is not manual input. If I use &qty, then I need a param back in the .prt/.asm file. How do I create that param so that it retrives that info without having to manually input it (say through the Info>BOM features %$quantity)

Thanks

Hello,

What about creating the BOM again and just filtering out the parts that are not required, you can customise the BOM to have thae parameters you require.

----------------------------------
Hope this helps.
----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back