Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some advanced training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrist

Automotive
Feb 4, 2014
US
I have been on UG for the past 13 years. The last training I went to was freeform modeling in 2006. What or where can I go to learn "best practices" for things like the "reuse library" and other changes and advancements? I look at the courses offered and have been thru most of them way back, that it seams 90% of my time would be wasted just to hit some of the newer features. I know I could be doing things better and faster.

Mold designer currently running NX8

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Speak to your local NX reseller. I work for the Australian reseller and we run update courses when requested, for example we're doing one for customer next week for NX4 to NX9 for example.
These sort of follow the book, but our trainers know enough to deviate from the material and show the newer functionality and what the users need to see.

Otherwise there's the Siemens and other resellers Youtube videos.
We have a Vimeo one: which is growing all the time.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.1

@NXsupport, if you're referring to our site, thank you.
Planning on adding more, but it takes time (surprised me how long it takes to make a 'simple' video).

Some suggestions of what you'd like to see would be appreciated.
Can't guarantee we'll do them, but you never know.
I'm working on what I think has to be a series about Drafting Templates, but my day job gets in the way!

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.1

Hi ,

Yes I was referring to the website.. I shared it with couple of designers .. They instantly loved the videos.. They suggested, if they can have some sync modeling, basic and adv surfacing , Flexible Printed Circuit Design module..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back