Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need your suggestions on Fixing 2 Tones KG component with Fasteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesEngineer4

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2013
IN
Hello,

I'm looking for a suggestion to fix a component with a weight: Upto 2000 KG rigidly in a compartment. I have attached a step file of an assembly. The red part was the component that I'm trying to fix. Initially, we tried one concept(attached image) but it didn't work the bolts were sheared off.

We have only 4 wedges on the Red part. Is there any better mechanism to lock that Red Part rigidly? Your suggestions are greatly helpful.

Thank You..!

Thanks & Regards,
Sam

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=04982522-e66a-42df-b0bd-3249c2b1131a&file=Componnet.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi shanmuk44

I can’t open a step file, can you make it a pdf or some png format or just paste some photos of the component.

“Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.” Albert Einstein

We are doing 5G FEA on those components but the bolts were sheared. Then we tried for use wedge jack mechanism but they were no enough space.

Thanks & Regards,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back