Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needle Valve source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGreen

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2002
GB
This may be asking for the impossible but i thought i'd ask anyway! I'm looking for a supplier of a small needle valve as current supplier is making product range currently supplied obsolete. Main issues encountered so far are finding valve of the same dimensions as the valve is used in a system which has limited scope for changing access/fitting envelope.

Needle valve required is approx 60mm x 40mm (right angle ports) addditional length of approx 35mm with control knob. Flow rate spec is 0 - 2 l/min at 1 bar (12 turns) and 0-6 l/min at 5 bar (12 turns)
Port fittings are also an issue as i require an NW10 flange on one port and and an SC5 coupling on the other!

CV is 0.005, orifice size 0.8mm.

Does anyone know of a compny who do anything similar to this? i would consider anything which is even relatively close to the above!
please help!

Thanks

F

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used several different types of neeedle valve.
I have had better success with Swagelok as far as service and selection of various options. Parker is a good product, and less expensive, but some of the options for different flow curves are not available or not equal to Swagelok.

J. Alton Cox

Hi all, thanks for the info, now looking at various alternatives

Cheers!

F Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back