Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEiWorks vs ADINA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbro1670

Bioengineer
Oct 5, 2007
US
Has anyone used either of these softwares? We currently use Cosmos, need to upgrade and are limted to evaluating these two only.

I need to compare and contrast both for static solid modeling that may or may not incorporate multi part assemblies with contact (the contact algorithm(s) need to be very robust), friction (various models), elastic-plastic and shape memory alloy analysis, and multiple loading scenarios in the same analysis (e.g. interference fit with > 2 parts followed by moment load or additional loading scenarios). They should also not be significanlty limited in what can be changed in the model when wanting to do a restart analysis. Either software should be able to handle improperly supported bodies (i.e. via contact damping, stiffness stabilization and/or limiting incremental displacement features) during a multi part assembly with moving contact (not bonded).

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can't help with your question, but would be interested to know what you couldn't do with Cosmos that has led you to upgrade. We are about to invest in a package and Cosmos is one of the potential options.

These are 2 totally different products. Adina is a dedicated non-linear solver and is not integrated at all into SolidWorks like NEiWorks is. If you use SolidWorks then NEiWorks will have a lot of advantages. They have a good non-linear solver and do general contact and welds well. They support most of what you are listing as far as I can tell. Adina is a good linear code but I was not aware of any real integration into SolidWorks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back