Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested Repeat Region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjax

Industrial
Jan 28, 2004
US
I have a BOM table with a repeat region that list all the items in the top level assembly.
It shows the components Det#, Sht#, Qty, Matl, Descr, and Treatment parameters in separate columns.
The table also has a nested repeat region so the main BOM can also display the components in the sub assemblies. Our sub assemblies are normally just welded structures.

I was wondering if it is possible to nest another region inside those nested repeat regions in order to display the any sub, sub assemblies.

ASM, (main region)
- subasm (nested region)
- subasm (nested nested region?)

If possible, can you give me a step by step how. I've always had a hell of a time creating regions.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've heard that an "interchange assembly" might be a good tool for this kind of thing, but I haven't learned that process yet. I'm planning to look into this more, so if I learn something I'll share. Let me know if an interchange assembly helps you, and how, etc.!

Thanks!

An interchange assembly is useful for things like the attachments on the end of a moveable arm. You create a set of 'common' points that allow quickly changing of the end attachment.
One training example is a robotic arm that changes from a welding torch attachment to a gripping attachment.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back