Netherlands Seismic Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

edomingo

Structural
Oct 3, 2022
AU
Hello Everyone!

Has anyone ever designed structures in the Netherlands? I'm going through the National Annexes and converting them to English (as the NEN does not provide them in English; Dutch Only) and I can't seem to find the National Annex for Seismic Actions. My site is outside of the induced seismic activity (due to Natural Gas Exploration; Northern Netherlands) but I cannot find information for seismic design outside of this region. There isn't a National Annex from NEN that I could find.

Furthermore NEN-EN 1990+A1+A1-C2-NB 2019 has a note (after running it through Google Translate) that says "Earthquake Loads are considered to be an extraordinary design situation..." at the end of Section A1.3.2 as a Note.

Can someone clarify my confusion? Do we have to design for seismic in this region?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

-Pls look EN 1990 6.4.3.4 ( Combinations of actions for seismic design situations )

- Pls look to the following doc. regarding the seismicity of NETHERLANDS

Tim was so learned that he could name a
horse in nine languages: so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
(BENJAMIN FRANKLIN )

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=36918250-a7d3-43d5-856e-65a0c3a88f20&file=REVIEW_OF_THE_SEISMIC_HAZARD_ZONATION.pdf.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back