Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

new CA Connect portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitch

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2018
CA
Anyone else currently fighting with ASME's new CA Connect portal? We had a recertification application open and underway (but not submitted) when they upgraded their website, and since they've gone back live with the new portal my application is a mess. Several bugs found, no response from ASME. Meanwhile my 6 month pre-expiry deadline is looming...sigh

Sean

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry you're dealing with that. ASME is aware that there's a bit of a mess. Please contact Matt Vazquez in the Conformity Assessment departments (VazquezM@asme.org) and he will take care of things for you.

I just talked with Matt and he asked me to pass his contact info on to help you out.

Thanks TGS4!

I talked to someone on the phone this morning who was very helpful, and I'm certainly not blaming them (changes of this magnitude suck - for all concerned). I have submitted a couple of change requests relating to my application, so I will send those details to Matt.

Cheers
Sean

Have you made any progress on this? I am in the same boat and still can't submit my application because the travel tab isn't complete. They had no problem taking my CC information though.

wwwi - Interesting, my issue(s) are with the travel tab as well. I have not yet heard back.

I would suggest sending Matt Vazquez an email (as TSG4 provided above) and let him know of your situation. He gave me assurances that if we had to push out our recert joint review and needed an extension as a result, ASME would comp the extension fee.

I might also suggest submitting a formal change request to flag the error in your Travel section.

I'll let you know when I get any progress on my end.

Cheers
Sean

ASME will extend the Certificate date if it from their side. CA Connect is a large platform that is used for much more than just the Certificate process.

Update Aug 6th - ASME has fixed the bug in my travel tab, so our recertification application is off and running. All in all, that took about 3 weeks to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back