New Plant Equipment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inchtain

Petroleum
Feb 21, 2021
LY
Hello,

We have a new water injection plant that has pipes (above and under ground), above ground tanks, filters and other vessels.

The pre-commissioning and commissioning of the plant were delayed due to some problems with the Contractor.
After long negotiations with the Contractor, they refused to finish their work as they were facing financial and other problems and the contract was terminated by consent

Almost ten years had lapsed now and my Company finally decided to operate the plant by the local resources now.

I wonder if the pipes and equipment have to be subjected to full inspection or can we just make quick checks before the start-up?

Does anyone know any standard or code reference for such situation?

Thanks and best regards,

Ibrahim ALKANSHI

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

well unless the pipes and equipment were properly inerted and moth balled ( sounds very unlikely), I think you will find you don't have a new water injection plant, what you have is a large amount of scrap metal I'm afraid.

You have to consider this plant and pipework as just finished construction and test everything from end to end - pressure test, wiring loops, blow through of piping and utility supplies. Any consumables might need replacing and after 10 years of sitting in the heat, I would be surprised if any chemicals or other delicate materials have survived.

There is no standard for something like this - just the procedures that are put in place to test and commission equipment. ASME FSS-1 might be useful when you find faults, corrosion etc.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back