Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New problem, Mazak SG MKII 510. Angle A,B and L1,L2 calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsyrett725

Mechanical
Oct 12, 2012
US
After cutting some beveled ring parts we noticed a .75mm difference from one side to the other. After checking plate flatness(which was only out by 2mm over a 8 foot span) and running the calibration procedure it appears that the angle B calibration is not holding for some reason. I can dial it it to .01mm difference and then just run the cut again and get up to a .2mm difference. .08mm is the acceptable. error. Has any one else run into this problem or have any insight to what mat be causing it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is This before or after the dirty A-axis pinion??? If the SG had it rough before you got it....I would really look into replacing the slip rings in the lower A-column. Eliminate any wear & tear items.... I would also look at the the B-axis servo motor too...its "geared" and if there were alot of head crashes, its possible that it could have backlash. Beyond obvious mechanical....it's all in being confident in your procedure for A,B,L1,L2 double check, make sure nothing is clipping and your comfortible that everything is MINT....I have a spread sheet that makes it super easy, but were not supposed to post email????

There is slight play in the B Axis. We had a mazak tech in not that long ago and he seemed to think it wasn't an issue. I was having the trouble before and after the A axis pinion cleaning. I cleaned the slip ring and contacts. it was dirty but didn't look to bad. I can cut the angle B test and have it perfect 0.01mm difference. I then use the handle and spin the b axis a few degrees one way and then back to 0. cut the part again and its out by .42mm. I'm leaning to the back lash theory. I've checked centering with the 1.2 nossle and its good. I am confident in the procedure. I am required to do it every day that I am cutting 3D parts as per request on the customer and I also keep a log of the results and any adjustments. Angle B is the only one that has to constantly be adjusted and is a pain to adjust. It has always seem to over shoot the adjustment. I will adjust it from say -.4 check it again after the adjustment and now its +.4.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back