Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Tower Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon07

Chemical
Mar 17, 2006
SA
Hi,

I’m currently reviewing the drawings of the new Absorber tower, i.e mechanical drawings and I want to make sure what we have in filed is matching what its in the drawings. As an example, one of the drawings highlighted that the slot opening for the vapor feed line should be 15 mm wide and has an included angel of 60 °. My question is how we can measure the right angel? theoretically and practically ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How about measuring the perimeter of the tube? The perimeter of the "closed" part of the tube (i.e. the total perimeter minus the open part where the slot is) should be 300/360 of the total perimeter of the tube. I hope this is understandable without a drawing.

Falcon-

Draw the slot opening to scale on lightweight cardboard. Using proper personal protective equipment, including Kevlar gloves for cut protection, cut out the drawing. Take this template to the field and see if it fits in the slots. If it doesn't fit or has excessive play, something is wrong.

jt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back