New user - Hardware, Tutorials, Macro's ??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng426

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2003
US
Hi,
I am currently an Inventor user who finding out that surfacing capabilities etc. are not done well at all in Inventor and Mech. Desktop. I am thinking of buying a seat of Unigraphics and was wondering if there are free websites that offer Hardware (bolts, I-beams...), Tutorials, Macro's for UG? Inventor has good sources such as "sDotson.com, etc." to those that are familiar with it. I just would like to know that there is good sites available before I invest in the software. Also if anyone can compare Inventor to UG performance, that would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vince

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Vince,
It appears that I am in a similar situation. My company has been very dedicated to AutoDesk and is not really ready to trade in 40 seats of Inventor for a new software. Along with surface modeling deficiencies, we have been struggling with assembly model size issues. We hit 1.7 GB of memory and inventor shuts down, on a 2500 part assembly. I've seen UG used by one of our part suppliers for surface modeling and it seems to be worth trying, I just can't convince the bosses. I'd love to hear about your success if you change over.

Thanks,

Jason

I don't know of any tutorials for UG until you buy the package, but macros are very easy to create, and there are various hardware models available on the internet that can be easily imported into UG as parasolids or iges files.

If cost is an issue (when isn't it!) and you have a lot of seats that you want to change over, you may consider just a couple of seats of UG and the rest SolidEdge. While they are not totally interchangable, it is still very compatible. You can do the difficult modeling on UG and hand the files to a SolidEdge operater to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back