Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user needs help with BOM tables - custom data WF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattSmithHJYIBH

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2010
GB
Where I work there are two numbers that can be assigned to a part, one is the drawing number; the other is a stock number from the MRP system. I want to add a column to a BOM table that shows the stock number.

I think I'm on the right track

If I assign a parameter in the model file called STOCK_NUMBER as a string and assign the relevant number I can call this up either in the BOM table or as part of the drawing border.

If a change the model template to incorporate this then all future models will have it?

I can then call this up on the part drawing and on the BOM table.

Now this is were I'm struggling,
on the BOM table I pick a cell to add the stock number to
RMB - report parameter
rpt - rel - User Defined
type STOCK_NUMBER as the symbol text
Before I update the drawing the cell shows "rpt.rel.STOCK_NUMBER", however updating the drawing by hitting CTRL-G nothing is shown in the table

Where am I going wrong?

I realise that this has now doubt been discussed before, I've searched previous posts and can't find what I need to know, many thanks in advance.

Matt
ProE Wildfire 2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Worked out how to do it, I was putting the wrong report parameter in the table.

Here's how I did it.
Define the parameter in the model
Then in the BOM table, select a cell
RMB
pick asm
Pick mbr
Pick User Defined
enter the parameter name
CTRL-G

Typing &Paremeter Name in the part drawing solves that problem.

Now, how do I do it so that it will have the parameter in new models I create?

Cheers

Matt

What you want to do is modify your template part files found in the following directory
C:\ProE_Install_dir\templates
inlbs_part_bulk.prt
inlbs_part_ecad.prt
inlbs_part_sheetmetal.prt
inlbs_part_solid.prt
or just the files you use
So that they include the Parameter STOCK_NUMBER

When you make a new part Pro/E generally opens the inlbs_part_solid.prt as a new file that you name on creation
If you want you can add Layers Sketches or Features to the default model depending on how much you want to be there on a new part. There is a check box on New Part that allows you to browse to a specific file if you want to have default templates for different types of parts you typically make.

You can also add parameters in your Tools > Relations
STOCK_NUMBER="2100-25-1002" Once you verify your relations the parameter will be added but will be driven by the relation. If you delete this relation or comment it out then you can make modifications to it.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back