Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New year budget for training, Distance Learning / Houston Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnvitGarg09

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2009
US
Hello:

I am trying to find either distance learning courses (recommended by someone here) or local courses (near Houston, TX) that I can attend in the areas of vehicle dynamics (suspension kinematics, engine, automotive), FEA/FEM, welding, manufacturing, bolts/fasteners, materials (metals), GD&T, or anything else that I can benefit from.

I was hoping to find something more detailed than the seminars offered by SAE.org but do not mind such suggestions based off someone's positive experience.

Or if you have a suggestion as to where to locate companies that offer engineering training (locally) would be helpful too.

Thanks,
Anvit Garg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AISC offers bolting & welding seminars that make the rounds to TX.

ASM International has some reasonably priced distance learning courses in metals-related stuff.

Hg

Eng-Tips policies: faq731-376

I did attend Claude's 3 day seminar (while I was in school), it was great but I did not retain much by cramming a whole semester into 3 days.

I am looking for a semester long course, so far University of Michigan has an online automotive engineering degree that contains a vehicle dynamics course. I am inquiring about it, maybe someone here has taken it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back