Newbie in the instrumentation and industrial sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hails89

Electrical
Nov 6, 2015
AU
Hey guys,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this if you have opened my thread!

I am a qualified electrician I am only 2 years out of my apprenticeship, I work and did my trade in Australia. I have been extremely lucky in landing a job with a big gas company in Australia and they are going to put me through my instrumentation training. I feel like a fish out of water this is a whole new sector for me and I have basically nil experience with a lot of the processes I am working on and with, I was wondering if anyone has some tips, books or good tutorials that could be recommended to me to start me off. I am basically a complete beginner with this stuff and am struggling to determine which parts I need to start focusing on and learning. I get caught up reading on DCS systems then chop to PID tuning and I am just confusing myself even more.

I am very passionate about my job and want to prove to the guys at work I can do this, probably didn't mention I am a girl so a lot of the guys on site already have low expectations for me! I am not the smartest of people but I am a hard worker and very determine to learn what I can. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to read this look forward to hearing from someone.

Hayley

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, the first thing to do, it seems to me, is to not be so quick on the draw to post, given that there is a measurement and instrumentation forum here: forum698, which would seem to be at least somewhat more apropos to your subject matter. If your instrumentation class also covers Labview, there's a forum for that as well: forum1106, although I think National Instruments might have their own forum.

TTFN
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
homework forum: //faq731-376 forum1529

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back