Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nickel Recovery from plating waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

qrdehs

Civil/Environmental
May 13, 2002
US
HI,

I have approx 5000 pounds of a solid nickel waste that I would like to reclaim and/or sell. The waste was generated from a nickel sulfamate plating bath that sat in an unused tank for over 10 years and has completely solidified.

I do not want to dispose of this since the value of nickel is rising so quickly. I am searching for a reclamation facility and hoping to offset the transportation and reclamation costs and maybe get some money back.

I have searched the web and Thomas Register. I have called a few places but to no avail. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Three reputable national companies that recycle metals from solutions, sludges, filtercake, etc. are
US Filter (all metals) Phibro-Tech (mostly Ni & Cu)
and World Resources (all metals)

There is/was a company near Pittsburgh that uses Cr and Ni wastes in the manufacture of stainless steel, but freight would have been excessive for me, and I don't recall the name.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Thank you so much. I use US filter all the time and I can't believe I didn't think to talk to him. thak you, you have been very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back