NINCAD 2019 Mesh Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yirmidokuz

Materials
Jun 12, 2015
DE
Dear All,

I have been trying to simulate a static-structural problem. Assembly includes some sub-parts and contacts.

When I try to get the mesh, I have the strange meshing result in attachments (mesh goes out of the part and reaches to coordinate system center) which yields to failure.

What is the reason for this meshing and how can i solve this problem?

Thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=108c7796-5f3f-47bf-9938-63f0a5367d56&file=Capture.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the part geometry translated or imported from some other format? Sometimes the translation is not clean and there are little anomalies that cause weird things to happen like that. If that is the case, inspect the geometry for defects and try to clean it up, or try converting/importing it again using a different format (STEP, IGES etc) Also try tweaking the mesh size settings and see if it gets better.

Richard Lee, PE
Lee Engineering Inc

@richardl63

thanks for the answer.

But the geometry was created by inventor. An I still get this in some other works which I create the geometry by inventor too.

I don't know. I've only seen things like that sometimes if the part were imported. Have you tried tech support from Autodesk? If you want, if it's only a single part, send me the file and I can try to mesh it in my system to see if I can recreate the problem or if it may just be isolated to your system.

Richard Lee, PE
Lee Engineering Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back