Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NL Pushover Analysis - Fiber Hinge

Nexiz

Civil/Environmental
Oct 10, 2024
CH
Dear Forum Members,

I have a three span bridge with two columns (see picture below). I want to do a non-linear pushover analysis and therefore I have three questions:

- how to I model a fiber hinge? Is there any step by step guide for it? I need fiber hinge at the top and at the bottom of my column. This means I need segments with plastic hinge length according to norms (example Eurocode). I would be glad about any guide regarding this topic

- My columns was concreted in three stages with different reinforcements. Between these stages, I have overlap of the longitudinal reinforcements. How do I consider this situation for my model? I thought of three different column sections with different reinforcement, but how to deal with these overlap of the reinforcement? I currently have one column section over the total height of the column but as I said in reality I have three stages with different column reinforcement.

- I would also be glad over a step by step guide of a non-linear pushover analysis after I succesfully modelled my plastic hinge length , fiber hinge and overlap reinforcement of my column.

Thank you in advance and I would be very happy also for only partly answers!!!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d29b3ab4-5116-40e0-83cd-85ada5e66e8d&file=1.JPG
Back