Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

No output result generated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At first glance, output requests look correct but I can't submit this analysis now. Was it actually completed or failed due to non-convergence or other errors ? What are the warning (and error, if present) messages ?

You should use a coarser mesh for debugging and then refine it when the analysis works properly. Cohesive elements have to be connected to the rest of the model in a specific way - via tie constraints or shared nodes. The warning messages suggest incorrect connections between the parts.

I have connected the model using tie constraint as well as I generated another model where I just made a partition now how to connect cohesive elements in a specific way? How the connection is incorrect. Thats why I already uploaded the cae file. Kindly asssit
Thanks for cooperation

I think that it would be better for you to start with the documentation description (Elements --> Special-Purpose Elements --> Cohesive Elements --> Modeling with Cohesive Elements) and examples (like "Debonding behavior of a double cantilever beam").

Respected FEA way, Can you please share the example """debonding behaviour of double cantilever beam "" documentation link to get it?
Thanks

The current Abaqus documentation is available on the Dassault Systemes website (search for "ds documentation" or something like this) but requires a free account for access. So you need go register first, then go to the documentation and navigate through the table of contents or search for this chapter.

You can also find some unofficial old documentation copies on various servers but it’s better to use the official up-to-date docs.

Respected ABAQUS FEA, I have checked the file in ds documentation but the model is just using the seperation of the two lamintes by defining the contact at nodes rather than to put an adhesive as a third material. Is is there an alternate way to put the debond material inside rather than to define interaction based bonded node model.
Secondly this model may be a different from my case as the i crack tip present already inside model showing the presence of already debonded nodes along with debonding region to solve the crack propgation problem rather than to check purely shear or tensile debonding of complete laminate without the presence of crack.
Kindly suggest me if other option is also present to solve it also if the 3d model can work well.
Thanks for cooperation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back