Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-geometric component

Status
Not open for further replies.

jirka306

Industrial
Jan 30, 2013
CH
There is a few standart components in our tc8r if I put them into assemblie it shows nothing (in previe window there is no body), because they are non-geometric. How to change them to geometric? Where is the mistake, what is non-geometric component and how to change it. Man who created them was fired 3 years ago...
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

optionally you can use Tools→Assembly Navigator→Include Non-Geometric Components.
There is a very detailed description given in NX documentation regarding the same.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

I have one more question about non-geometric parts, as long as this thread was started:
Is it possible to add an attribute to a non-geometric part so that the Component is Non-Geometric toggle is automatically on when it is put in an assembly?

Hi Jerry,
My guess is that this attribute (UG GEOMETRY with values YES/NO) cannot be set untill and unless the part becomes a component of an assembly.
Probably a little customization will do :)
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Sorry my bad.I guess it the attribute UG GEOMETRY can not be manipulated manually even after it is added as a component.This remains locked and when the component is non-geometric then this takes a value NO otherwise it doesn't even shows up in the attribute list.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back