Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NON ROTATING STEM DESIGN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilsk

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2021
IN
Hello,
i have one query Our company developing valves which require non-rotating single piece stem. i have been looking for this kind of design all over but couldnt be able to find feasible design. can you all recommend any study material where i can find what i am looking for.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't understand, OP say's "Our company developing valves which require non-rotating single piece stem."
But cannot find a feasible design, and looking for a design all over.
So is the OP's company developing a valve or looking to procure a valve?
As stated in the earlier response, more info helps.

ok, our company wants to develop piston globe valves which require single piece non rotating stem to lift piston. all i want to know to know ideas to make single piece non rotating stem which can let piston translate.

Can you draw our sketch this.

A "piston globe valve" sounds like a choke valve or plug and cage valve to me.

Why can't you just machine it or cast it?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

It would obviously be helpful to know what sort of globe valve it is, isolation, control or choke...

But equally most product standards have generic images in the back of them these days, surely there is a target market with their own requirements on conformity to product standards??

our company wants to develop piston globe valves which require single piece non rotating stem to lift piston

It sounds that it's to mount a piston actuator on top of valve, and make it move "up and down" direction, i.e. vertical movement, to control the valve, instead of "horizontal" movement. And, the piston cylinder is to be seal with packing on the valve body.

Is this design a business driven or the operational requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back