Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nonlinear Static, Riks with Imperfections from BUCKLE Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandale

Student
May 15, 2023
IN
Hello,

I have used mesh-independent fasteners on the attachment points (Connector Assignment- MPC Beam & Coupling- Structural Distributing) For Built-up Back to Back CFS C- Setions. I ran a BUCKLE Analysis to get various eigenmodes & also got FIL File from the same. For Nonlinear Analysis, I had to Copy the model in the same CAE and run STATIC, RIKS Analysis, with Imperfections from FIL file but it is showing a warning saying that a few nodes are not found and the Analysis is getting Aborted and I checked that those are the same nodes used as attachment points to Fasteners.
Could someone suggest how to run Nonlinear Analysis with the fasteners help of BUCKLE Fil file?
Please find the attachment showing the warning.

Thanks

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=56403f61-1a5c-45e2-87cd-cbffbb4781a0&file=ABAQUS_Error.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply.

I am attaching both the warnings and error that I am facing.

Warning: Error:
This is only happening when Attachment points (36 attachment points) and corresponding Mesh-Independent Fasteners are used. (Those are the nodes which are missing in the above warning.)
If I run the same model without both the Attachment points and corresponding Mesh-Independent Fasteners there won't be any error.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back