Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

north sea standards for the use of off shore baskets, skids.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eralph61

Petroleum
Feb 16, 2003
US
we have been looking for this "north sea standard" to make sure we build all our offshore baskets, and skids to meet these standards so we can get these baskets and skids certified for off shore use..... can you help me or point me in the rt direction....who wrote the north sea standard???? how can i get a copy of this north sea standard????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For GOM (Gulf of Mexico) offshore we use API RP 2A. "Design of offshore structures". This recommended practice gives the allowable stresses and impact (lifting) factors necessary to to design structural skids and baskets.

I wouldn't rely on API RP-2A for North Sea design; it's a good place to start, but not the final answer. An extreme event (40 foot seas) in the Gulf is an everyday occurrence in the North Sea during the winter -

DNV is a good resource ( the oil companies themselves can also point you in the right direction. The North Sea is right in BP's and Shell's back yard, so to speak. If you have contacts within those organizations, they should be able to offer suggestions.

[pacman]

Please see FAQ731-376 for great suggestions on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back