Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Note Font Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDesigner09

Aerospace
Nov 19, 2010
US
Hi,

When creating a note, how can I control or change the font size?

Such as if I have, View A-A, want to make the 'A-A' bigger.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Damirko,

When I do this, the whole note changes font size. I only want the 'A-A' to get 2 x's larger.

At the moment, I do not see this option, unless I separate notes, which I don't want to do either.

Under drawing options you will find settings for drawing_text_height and def_view_text_height. We set them to 2.5 and 3.5 mm for small drawings and 3.5 & 5.0 mm for A1 & larger. The def_view_text_height will only affect newly created views, it is not retroactive.

If you break existing notes up into short strings you can apply formatting to the individual pieces.

{1:&view_name}{2: &det_scale} is a parametric note where the view name and the view scale can be set with different text styles. You can edit any note and put in the curly braces, number & colon to break it up for formatting.

Hi,

I am not finding Drawing Option area or I don't seem to have a "Drawing Option" to go to in my menu drop downs.

If using this: {1:&view_name}{2: &det_scale}, where does it go & where do I designate the desired view callout name?

I added to the Text Box area & it didn't do anything for me.

Thanks

If you click Right Mouse Button in drawing (with nothing selected) and pick properties, there is a drawing options on the menu that comes up. This opens every setting in your drawing controlling text, dimensions, geometric tolerances, etc. You can make changes (don't forget to APPLY), save your settings to a file, load setting files, etc.

The note {1:&view_name}{2: &det_scale} is one Pro/E makes when you create a detailed view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back