Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

notes in drawings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascual

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2002
ES
does anyone know how to:

1/I want to put some notes in the draw including some external measures and I'd like to anotate the units like
mm^3 in a better way, ussing superindex and/or subscript but I don't know how to do it.

2/another thing is to include a part parameter in a note. I've tried including something like &vol as it's specified in the help but it don't works. I have a relation vol=mp_volume("") and the parameter has the correct value but it don't shows in draw.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. If you are using windows, you can use the symbol characters contained in the fonts loaded on your PC. If you want to see what these are do the following:

Open MS Word
Go to Insert - symbol
Select normal text for your font
select the character you want (in this case ^3)
Displayed in the lower right will be alt+0179 type this in as part of your string of text.

This will work with any Windows app. Even this one see: ³

2. &vol should work. You often need to regenerate a couple of times. Also try editing the text in the note, sometimes just opening the note to edit and closing it updates the note.

finally, I've found another way of having superindex:
@+ means superindex
@- means subscript
@# means normal

and I also have the second trouble. Perhaps I didn't explained myself. I have the parameter in the part and the draw has some parts. What I don't know is how to refer the parameter in the part. And what I have is an output like "&vol", as it wouldn't interpret &vol as a parameter

Since you have a drawing with many models or even an assembly, you must specify the correct active model and then write the note ("&vol"). Also, if you have an assembly, specify the session ID for the particular part that you need to call out the parameter ("&vol:6", as as example)

Find the seesion ID under Assembly/Relations/Session ID and pick the part on the screen. The session ID will apear in the message area.

Steve

Dear Hayden, i tryd the alt+0179, bit it didn't worked; the note shows exactly the alt+0179. Do i have to add & or brackets?

Hi Test,

This works with windows NT4, I'm not sure what OS you are using. Also by alt+0176 I actually mean, hold down the alt key and type 0176 this will give °
or ± 0177
² 0178
³ 0179
´ 0180
µ 0181 this one is useful
There is a multitude of these, just look in word as described above.

I use w2k and the alt+key are ok. I think it is useful to write symbols. But It's better to write "16,8 (note 8)" (where note 8 is subscript) to do:
{1:16,8 @-(note8)@#}

thanks for the hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back