Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRCS - NEH Copyrighted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlondeen

Civil/Environmental
Apr 7, 2013
US
I am preparing an additional section for a drainage manual that includes supplemental criteria. I would like to use images from the NRCS NEH-630 and possibly an example that they have provided. However, I am not sure on the copy right status of that document. Does any one know?

I do not see any copy right information on the document, but I did find this on their website:

"Most information presented on the USDA Web site is considered public domain information. Public domain information may be freely distributed or copied, but use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. Attribution may be cited as follows: "U. S. Department of Agriculture."

Some materials on the USDA Web site are protected by copyright, trademark, or patent, and/or are provided for personal use only. Such materials are used by USDA with permission, and USDA has made every attempt to identify and clearly label them. You may need to obtain permission from the copyright, trademark, or patent holder to acquire, use, reproduce, or distribute these materials."

I assume that means that everything that the USDA provides is public domain except for material that they use or cite.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back