Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerlogic

Electrical
Apr 2, 2003
NL
For a client I need to know the maximum number of sockets alowed to use on one 16A/230V connection.
Especialy european standards etc. and where I can find them.

Thx in advance
Raimond

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I don't know about the european standards. But in the Egyptian code it is only 3 sockets. A consultant told me that it is acceptable upto 5, and in some special cases it could be 6 (when the path for the 6 th one is not easy to be done and it will not be used much).

Gabi

Could you specify which country in Europe you are working in? Each country still has its own code for installation.

It is only equipment build standards which have been normalised (ie all equipment built or imported into the EC must follow a common standard so that it can be used in any member state).

RAC.

Thank you for your answers.
I am in Amsterdam, Holland but our comnpany imports powerboxes all over europe.
We generally tell clients that they can not use more than 6 powerscockets from one wall connection.
Some of our clients are asking for proof of this.
So what I really need is a guideline, preferably for all of europe, otherwise per country, saying the best and safest way to connect office power.
Then I can tell my clients in which guideline they can find these things.

Thanks for any help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back