Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 and Enforced Displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrK159

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2014
US
I'm trying to perform a FEM check of sorts by placing an enforced displacement set at a specific distance so that the entire model moves at that distance.I'm having difficulties getting these results. Currently I have an Enforced Displacement constraint on one node of a TET10 specified in one direction and my results are extending passed this value while the model is flexing. I have attempted to add an additional constraint fixed in all DOF except the Enforced Displacement direction. It seems as though this can be performed as I'm describing using FEMAP from my research, but is there a different approach for NX? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you could put a snapshot of your model and mark your enforced displacement node and 6dof constrained node, it could be more understandable.
Also, is this analysis for SOL101, SOL111 or etc.?

Spaceship!!
Aerospace Engineer, M.Sc. / Aircraft Stress Engineer

afree said:
I'm trying to perform a FEM check of sorts by placing an enforced displacement set at a specific distance so that the entire model moves at that distance.
What exactly is your ultimate goal? Are you trying to check that your model doesn't have any unintentional constraint effects? If yes, then you can simply use Nastran's standard GROUNDCHECK command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back