Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihen

Mechanical
May 28, 2013
DE
Hello,
is it possible to synchronize the arrangements between the assembly levels? (at once, and not click by click to every single arrangements, is there a table or something for that?)

An example here:
In BgABC I have 3 Arrangements:
-Arrangaments1
-Arr_ABC
-Arr_ABC_Move
In subassembly I have also 3:
-Arrangaments1
-Arr_ XYZ
-Arr_ XYZ _Move
If I select the Arr_ABC in the top assembly, the Arr_XYZ should be also selected in the low level assembly.
If I select the Arr_ ABC _Move in the top assembly, the Arr_ XYZ _Move should be also selected in the low level Assembly.

The question is general, we have an Assembly with much more levels and much more arrangements. We know that the Top level arrangements can remember to the low level arrangements, in which context they have been used, but in this case we should show to NX every possible Arrangements click by click) we need a simple solution how could we set them at once, just like a table or spreadsheet.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can make equations to move components by constrains when other components are moved (either measurement or equation driven). You can make suppression by equation. I am not aware of possibility to connect arrangements with anything. I really hope that I am wrong.

You have to realise that Arrangement information is only stored on the Parent of an assembly. Which basically means that they only work in that level and can only be driven from that Assembly.
If you want to drive subassemblies with an arrangement, then that arrangement must be created at the top parent level.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

NutAce: sorry for my english :) i think you didn't understood me well.
"If you want to drive sub-assemblies with an arrangement, then that arrangement must be created at the top parent level. "
Not exactly so, i already wrote above: i can show to NX: which sub arrangement belongs to which top arrangement, and this information stored in the top level assembly.
My only problem is: this needs a lot of effort.
1. Select the top arrangement 1
2. Select every single sub arrangements that I need activated in top arr 1.
3. Save
4. select the top arrangement 2
5... and so on.

For this little test assembly above it works well.. but imagine that you have hundreds of parts, and sub assemblies and arrangements... Horrible.

Hi dihen

I'm with you in this hard work to do simple thing

I think nx can help in this work something like this.

When I come to select an arrangement nx can helped
in opening a dialog with a hirarchical tree of all the
arrangements in the Assembly tree so I can select
Witch sub Assembly arrangement I wantto see

Thanks for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back