Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 View Specific assembly arrangement in Modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOPdesigner

Mechanical
Nov 15, 2005
US
I know you can do this in Drafting, but now I am in modeling creating MBD models. I have created different model views to show my PMI. I have a subassembly (a box) that has assembly arrangements. Lid closed (default) and lid open. How do I show the lid open arrangement in one view but have it closed in the other views?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I opened your box_2.prt In modeling, I see the three views you created. You used explosions for the lid position. My goal was to use the existing assembly arrangements and have that "stick" in the views.

Hi

So I built the views ( I use create explosion only to freeze the arrangement/view )

1. I create a new view by view operation save as and I name it 'exploded_view_arrange_open90'
2. I create a new explosion and name it exp_90 (create only without any actions)
3. I select the arrangement open-90
4. I do view save
5. save part

then I switch to Trimetric view and change the arrangement to closed (default)
and now when I select 'exploded_view_arrange_open90' It shows the arrangement open90

Try it yourself

atached an example box_3

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1a7105b1-8bb9-4719-9e67-c05fc8a98c8a&file=box_3.zip
a984928, What you describe is what I am calling the workaround, because you had to create an explosion in addition to the assembly arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back