Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX-1899 Exploding Offsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2021
DE
Hi Everyone,

I've been working with some offsets in NX and I'm trying to write some journals to edit them. For example, deleting individual curves of the offset. But I cannot manage to edit the generated curves individually. If I try to delete an individual curve it deletes the whole OffsetCurve object and all the curves belonging to it. Is there a way to separate the OffsetCurve into its individual curves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Constantin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A "feature" in NX is a collector for "n-things".
In 1 "offset curve feature" there can be 1 to n objects being offset.
You cannot delete 1 of the resulting offset curves without deleting that offset curve feature. ( unless you first "kill" the offset curve feature, and thereby remove the associativity.)
what you need to do is edit the offset curve feature and de-select the specific object* to not be part of the offset feature. Then that corresponding offset will disappear.
* i use the word object since it can be another curve, or edge or ?

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

That makes a lot of sense and helps a lot. Thank you very much!

I'm also looking to separate the individual offsets into the arcs, lines, splines or whatever else the offsets might consist of. And the "killing" and removing the associativity sounds like it would be super helpful for that. I've tried to figure that out now but haven't had any luck. Do you have an idea how that could be implemented?

Regards,
Constantin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back