Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 1980/2000Trying to make a macro to change lines from dashed to solid in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCE75

Industrial
Dec 6, 2018
US
I use NX1980/2000 to create parts books from drawing views. The problem is that almost all of our drawing views have dashed lines and I need to change them to solid lines.

Here is how I have been doing it-

1. Select an individual view
2. Right click and select "settings".
3. Choose "Visible Lines" and change from original (dashed) to solid lines.
4. Hit "ok" and it changes the lines in the view.

This works but it takes quite a while to do all of that to each drawing view. I tried selecting all views, but I can't find a way to change all the lines in all the views at once. I tried creating a macro to help speed up the process a little, but the macro gives me a playback error. I'm not sure how to make a journal to do this, so I'm stuck doing it the way I know.

Is there a faster way or at least a way to make a macro or journal to do this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

BCE75 said:
I tried selecting all views, but I can't find a way to change all the lines in all the views at once.

Select multiple views in step 1, then continue with your procedure. Single click on a drafting view to select it, click on another to add it to the selection. When they are all selected, right click on one of them and go to settings. Alternately, you can select the drafting views in the part navigator. Click on the first view, then [kbd]Ctrl[/kbd]-click on the other views to add them to the selection. This works even if your views are spread out across multiple drawing sheets.

If you will be doing this process often, a journal could be made to turn it into a 1 click operation.

www.nxjournaling.com

cowski,

I don't know why I didn't think about the part navigator! When I select multiple views directly on the sheet and right click, I only get a few options (cut, copy and properties). The part navigator allows me to change them all. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back