Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 2027 - Import points from excel with attributes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
I have an excel file that has a bunch of points. Each point has an ID and a location.

I have followed some instructions to turn the file into a txt file to import to NX, but it only creates points in that location. No ID's.

I know I can export to a csv file and all of the attributes will be listed in the excel file.

Is there a way to import from a csv file (or any excel or text file, where it will assign the IDs to the spots attributes?

-----

We are receiving these files from a company that does not use NX. If there are a lot of points, it will take a lot of time to manually add the points ID attribute to each point in NX. Not to mention that it also becomes more likely someone can make an error with a typo or something.

Thanks

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks cowski. I am going to try that code out. I was hoping there was just a way to do it inside NX. Doesnt seem like there is. This might do what we need. If not, we have a guy who does coding for us now who might be able to adjust it to fit what we need.

Luckily he is doing stuff for our department right now too. If another department had him that might not be so easy. lol

Thank you again.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back