Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8.5 Machine Operation Erro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg006

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
Hello All,
Hoping someone can help with this. I am trying to do a fixed-contour and I am getting an error "Containment only for fixed projection same as fixed tool axis".

I have the cut area defined.
I have the part defined.
Drive method is boundary.
Roll over edges selected.

I began with the projection vector specified as the tool axis, but nothing would generate.

So I defined the projection vector to a face of the part. I also defined the tool axis with the same face geometry, but now I get this error.

Any ideas? I attached a picture of the operation.

Thanks in advance.

UG NX3/NX4/NX6
Vericut 5/6/7
AutoCAD LT

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fca77719-6bb3-4ccf-a24a-8e92ce6f32c3&file=Untitled.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure what you want to cut, or why you have both cut area and boundary drive.
I would start by not selecting cut area, and setting the projection vector opposite the tool axis.

If you are trying to cut the magenta letters, look at curve/point drive if they are geometry, or text drive if it is a note.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Hey,

I switched the tool axis and the error went away. I changed the drive method to area mill and that seems to have fixed the rest of the issues.

Thank you so much for the help!!!

Rick

UG NX3/NX4/NX6
Vericut 5/6/7
AutoCAD LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back