Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 9.0 NX/TX Inch and Metric Parts List Tempalte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga11

Nuclear
Feb 15, 2012
US
Hello,
I have a situation where I am developing new parts templates because the OOTB template is inadequate for our applications. I was able to create a template and place it in Teamcenter in its own designitem by copying the sample out of the UGII directory. I was able to modify it to suit my needs. I edit the customer default setting to point to the new design item and was able to get it to appear when I select the Parts List icon in NX.

Here is my problem. I copied the inch template and it works with inch drawings but not metric. It would seem that the customer default setting for this attribute needs to have an inch and metric option. When I use the Parts List feature in a metric drawing it reverts back to the OOTB template. Other people are using these so I must be missing something but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I'm aware of the pax files but not enough at the moment to make useful changes and was hoping it would be as simple as a customer default setting. It almost seems like there should be a unitless template but I don't know if that's even possible.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back