Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 9.0 vs NX last versions...... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, but it can not be opened in NX8 or earlier versions.

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

When I was still making presentations, I had a 'read only' file on my laptop, which was created and last saved in UG V9.1, which was released in the early 1990's. Now this was a very large 3D model from McDonnell Douglas showing a bulkhead for one of their aircraft. The part file included a fully dimensioned drawing. If someone would ask that question about if they could open an old file, I would open that one. Granted, the last time I probably did that was something like six or seven years ago (before I retired), but even then the file was over 20 years old and I never got an error. Occasionally, depending on the release, a dimension or two might not be in the right place (you could tell that it was where it wasn't supposed to be) but that was about it. Any request for info about parts of the model, which included both 2D and 3D geometry, including even a few simply solid bodies that had been modeled to represent where the designer felt that parts of the fixture should be placed for when it was machined, was readily available.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back