Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 9.01 Shop Doc Template Modification Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnJunkie360

Aerospace
Jul 30, 2013
US
I've been trying to follow a guide to make small changes to the shop docs.

Link

At the part where in Excel, you Publish the .Xlsx into a new .htm is the problem.

Even without altering the .xlsx just open in Excel, and republish the .htm makes NX throw a bunch of .tcl errors trying to use the new template.

I've tried using Excel '13, and .07.

Comparing the 2 .htm files "the OOTB, and the fresh republish"
I do see differences. Some Paragraphs added, some removed, some numbers slightly different.
I'm assuming this is either an Excel version issue, or the way i'm publishing?

Has anyone succeeded in publishing a shop doc template in 9.0?

Heres the Error, and the Published .htm .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would post this question on the Siemens NX CAM Community site where the Tech Tip is.
If you don't hear back, then please log a call with GTAC.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

When I was trying at first I made the mistake of publishing the entire workbook. and it was giving me errors. then I changed my selection to republish sheet only and hit publish and it worked fine. hope this helps

Thank you for the reply, but yes definitely doing the Sheet only as the guide stated. "though since I was unsuccessful, have tried all different ways to no avail."

You might try highlighting all the cells that contain {$mom_xxx} variables, right click -> format cell and set them to general. I had to start with that recently to get past the errors. After that I started working one cell at a time to get my formatting like I wanted.

Let us know if that works. [pre][/pre]

That actually worked, thank you.

First I set them all to general, then for aesthetics slowly put some back to numbers to not get 15 zero's after the decimal.
In the end its fixed, and all the ones that matter are back to numbers with few decimals. Not sure which one was the culprit.

From looking at your error, it appears you had the same issue I did.

It gives syntax error for tool name (in your case "UGTI0202-029").

The tcl proc DOC_format_var_with_style can only handle integers, floating points & scientific notation. It applies the format specified for a particular cell. Because it uses mso-number-format, which is an excel cell style for numbers, it can't handle the string being passed. It assumes the string is a variable name which is why it throws the error.

From what I have looked at, you can't error proof this because the CSS information is stored directly into the Excel template which is not handled by the tcl files. Its kind of like trying to stuff a square peg into a round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back