Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 9 Sketch Offset Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWenger

Aerospace
Apr 25, 2013
US
In NX 7.5 when you did an Offset Curve command in sketcher, it created an offset dimension (if you had the toggle turned on) and two offset constraints for the endpoints. If I wanted to move the endpoints but keep the offset, I'd just delete the corresponding offset dimension on the endpoint and drag it around (for a spline you can't go past the original endpoint).

In NX 9, it seems to create a single offset constraint that encompasses the main offset dimension and both endpoint positions. There isn't a different offset constraint for each endpoint and I haven't figured out a way, besides using Trim Curve, to remove the endpoint constraint without wiping out the entire offset curve, essentially creating an editable spline.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I tried what you said, didn't know that it was like this in NX7.5 but it is. also tried the same in NX11 and =NX9.

No, i have no workaround.
You should submit an IR to GTAC to hear their story.

Regards,
Tomas

Got the answer from GTAC. There's a toggle in the dialog for "Show Ends". If that's on, you have the option to double click an endpoint to keep it constrained or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back