Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX Assembly Cloning Issue

Atharva_Mechanical

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2023
US
Hi Everyone,
I am facing a slightly odd issue while using the clone command in an assembly.

The original assembly looks like this -
NX_Clone_before_fpeyry.png

The Assembly Navigation Tree for this assembly (before cloning) looks like this (below) -
NX_Clone_Before_AssemblyNavTree_u9xw0i.png

After cloning, the assembly and navigation tree looks like this -

NX_Clone_After_zor1ww.png
NX_Clone_After_AssemblyNavTree_te1m3f.png

After cloning, some parts are not visible. In the 'after' images, I noticed that all of the fencing objects were not visible. I initially thought they were hidden, but looks like they were not loaded! I noticed that those parts are getting loaded after I open them in a separate NX tab. This brought me to another observation. In the 'after' images of the Assembly Navigation Tree, every time I open a part in a separate NX tab, the check mark in front of the name of that part gets a box. Is there a way to resolve this issue by mass-updating all the assembly parts? This is a relatively smaller assembly, so I can open all the parts individually and resolve this, but I have had similar issues with other much larger assemblies with 100+ parts and subassemblies.

Is there a solution that is scalable for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best
Atharva Deshpande

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The check marks that you see in the assembly navigator indicate the load level of the component. A check with NO box indicates the component is minimally loaded (a lightweight representation is used); a check with a box around it indicate that the component is partially or fully loaded. When you open a component in its own window, this fully loads the component which is why you see the icon change when you switch back to the assembly. I assume that the fencing parts are not solid bodies which is why they do not have lightweight representation when minimally loaded.

If you adjust your assembly load options before opening the cloned assembly so that it uses the partial or fully load option, it should appear the same as the original assembly.

www.nxjournaling.com

Back