Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX CAM External program simulation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmoka

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2018
AT
Hello,
I usually use external program simulation in NX CAM(NX1965) with a Heidenhain conrolled machine(Hermle C400 5ax). I always need to insert a datum shift(cycle 7.0) before my datum shift, and modify my transformation to incremental. I need to give in this first datum shift the machine zero and tha local coordinate system differences. It is a little annoying, that I always need to measure it manually paste it etc. I made some pictures about it.

It is the same when I just want to simulate a program what I make in NX so not come from external. I always need to make a coordinate system in the machine zero and take the local under that and after the operations. But when I finished, and want to postprocess them, I need to take out all of my operations from the machine zero, regenerate and just after that I could postprocess to get the proper results.

Do you have any idea to this problem? Or I made something wrong in my machine kinematic modell? I don't think so, because with the samle kinematics it works the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back