Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Continuous release

Status
Not open for further replies.

NutAce

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2010
CH
Hello folks....

We are now already some time in the new NX Continuous Release versions. Would like to know what your experiences are.
How do you like the automated updates? Are you at all using them?
Did you go for the manual updates? and Why?
Anything you don't like about this new model?

Would love to hear your feedback.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The CR release, with being installed or updated by an user will not work for us. Our users do not have Admin Privileges on their machines, so we will have to push out all of the updates, Now when to push out an update? We have not got that far. I just know it will be a bigger headache than it was in the past.

I'm about to go to NX1899, We have 3 users so the impact probably isn't the same as the bigger places.
I've had Automatic updates going on my machine, the test box as I have local Admin rights
It wasn't an issue until the 6month update where it required a different license file and I didn't have IT update the license server version and license file. so NX quit working.

Next Monday we plan to go live with NX1899(from NX12.02), but it looks like we'll be rebuilding our GUI. My NX12 layout is a hodgepodge of interactive customizations and old file-based tbr files.

I'll be disabling Automatic updates and doing them manually moving forward. We rely on some other software that open NX files directly and we have to wait for the translators to catch up. Luckily Our viewer and CAM software still reads NX1899 files as NX1872 base and has had no issues in my week or so of testing.

We are not doing automatic mainly because users are set to standard or power users.

Secondly, if we happen to miss that an update is major, rather than minor, all the template parts will be new and non-customized.

NX 12.0.2
Testing 1899
EVP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back