Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Custom Keyboard shortcuts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk258013

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2015
IN
Hi All

I have created custom shortcuts for many commands..

sometimes when i restart nx all shortcuts will be gone.

how do i make them to remain same shortcuts?

Thanks

I am in learning ZONE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you have defined your shortcuts, :
To the left in NX there is the "resource bar" , ( the Assembly navigator, the Part Navigator , the Web browser etc etc.)
In the resource bar there is also "Roles" , open that tab, then in the white space below the existing roles, right click and select "New User role".
Name it "Tomas" (if your name happens to be Tomas :)) and press OK.
doing this will store your customizations in :
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Siemens\NXxxx\roles\NX_role...mtx ( Notice that it will not be named as the displayed name.)

where : "appdata" is a hidden directory , you have to type the name in to see it
where : "NXxxx" is the NX-version you are using currently
Where : "NX_Role....mtx" will be "NX_role0.mtx" for the first role, "NX_role1.mtx" for the second role you create etc etc

You can forget that this file does exist. Unless you want to copy your roles to a different computer.

If you tomorrow notice that you have lost your shortcuts, simply click the role "Tomas" in the roles palette and they should be back.

In case you later add new customizations and hotkeys, right click the role "Tomas" and press Save and the new customizations will be included in the role.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back