Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Hose length Fixed Length 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandyLe

Mechanical
Sep 14, 2022
US
This is one clunky option feature in the NX Hose program.
I found what is the easiest to getting the fixed length that you need for the hose. Is to put a distance constrain to the Fittings before starting. Then delete the constraint so it doesn't lock.
Once you put it in the assembly the first thing to do is then to deform the hose assembly, right click on the spline path and then change the slack mode from none to moving points. In the length then put in the length of the hose you want that will lock it.
If your minimum straight Length is larger then the length you want to lock, it will not allow you to override the length. You will have to go back to the original model and make sure that the length of the hose did not change between your fittings. You have to adjust that and then bring your hose back in.

Hope this helps. I had to figure this out on my own since I got zero support from siemens on this.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8586bc5c-0cba-4ca1-bbbb-c2923ed213b5&file=Hose-fixed_Length.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back