Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX: How to ignore touching pairs in Clearance Analysis and only review for hard interferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dikuza

Aerospace
Jan 18, 2017
AU
Hello,

I'm trying to run clearance analysis (NX 2212) however is extremely slow due to the large assembly and analysis including "soft" and "touching" pairs, resulting in over 1000 instances, 90% of which are face-to-face mated components.

How can I ignore these and check only for hard interferences between all components? Surely this is possible...

Perhaps something to do with the Default Clearance Zone? Siemens documentation does not provide much guidance with the tool and their description of Default Clearance Zone is "clearance distance that applies to every object in the analysis" - what does that mean? I thought perhaps this was a minimum distance that the analysis would skip any pairs with a clearance less than that specified, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Value can also not be negative.

"
Screenshot_2024-08-08_134434_htxh90.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dikuza said:
Perhaps something to do with the Default Clearance Zone? Siemens documentation does not provide much guidance with the tool and their description of Default Clearance Zone is "clearance distance that applies to every object in the analysis" - what does that mean? I thought perhaps this was a minimum distance that the analysis would skip any pairs with a clearance less than that specified, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Value can also not be negative.

The clearance zone is kind of the opposite of what you thought. When you define a clearance zone, you are telling NX to report any parts where the gap is smaller than the specified distance. So if you specify a 1mm clearance, NX will report any components that are within 1mm of each other - even if they are not touching.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back