NX Journal Copy Components attributes to parts attributes in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxexplorer

Mechanical
Jun 23, 2010
ID
Hi,
I have a journal in .cs, that creates attributes into components.
But it is the problem when I need to retrieve the attributes from the drawing of parts because the attributes are stored as component attributes in the assembly.

I need help to create one more journal in .vb to copy Components attributes into parts attributes in the assembly.
One of the name of the component's attribute is "PART NUMBER" which is created with specific rules before.
Any suggestions or guidance for this, I appreciate it very much.

Best Regards,
Maryadi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shouldn't your existing journal set the part number as a part attribute and not a Component attribute ?
So instead of creating another journal, you should edit the existing ?

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Hi Tomas,
Yes, I just relize the importance of part attribute when I work with drawing"s tittle blocks.So now I am still trying to edit the codes.

Thank you for the response.
Best regards,
Maryadi

I agree with Toost that any part specific information should be added as part attributes. Part attributes are inherited to component attributes when you add the part to an assembly. You can then override a part attribute at the component level if needed. I mention this because if you have added the component attributes at the assembly level and later add a part attribute; the component attribute may show up as "overridden" for that particular assembly. If this happens, the component attribute will not change if/when the part attribute changes. I'd suggest that you test this and delete/reappply the component attributes as needed after assigning the part attributes.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi Cowski,
Yes you are correct. I have tried that condition, so the attributes have a problem.

I have been learning the codes, best choices is I have supplied one block line after component assign, to assign attribute to the part.The result is like what I need.

Thank you Tomas and Cowski for all the suggestions. It gives me lot of ideas.

Best Regards,
Maryadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back