Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Journal to Assert Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

alj722

Aerospace
Nov 4, 2004
US
I need to be able to create a bunch of empty dummy parts from a spreadsheet and assert a mass. I adapted a simple journal that creates new parts from a text file list but when I tried to record the "Assert Mass" command, it is not supported by the Journal recorder. I looked at creating a tiny simple block and assigning a density, but the endless debris recorded by journal recorder for creating a block is mind-numbing, and I really prefer the "Weight asserted" flag in the assembly navigator so I would like to avoid that path. I looked a bit at recording a macro and then calling the macro from the journal, but it doesn't seem to work since I have a different mass for each component. I also tried using a keystroke macro program (Macro Express), but (of course), NX commands are inconsistently implemented with keystrokes and NX seems to block execution of the keystroke scripts. I am hoping someone has some ideas out there.

Siemens: Journal is great but limited by it's complexity. Making all commands consistently accessible by keystroke and providing a simple keystroke recorder and playback mechanism would make things so much simpler. Go dust off the I-DEAS program file code. That worked consistently.

Drew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back