Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX keyboard shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know if you have seen this or not:
If you right click on any of the the NX icons you will see an option "Customize..."
then in the dialog that appears, there is a "Keyboard..." button bottom right. click that.
in the new dialog you can set new keyboard shortcuts for almost any function,
and you can click the "report" button to see a complete list of the shortcuts. ( Which I think is quite similar to your tips page ?)

And, if you set new shortcuts, save a new "user role". The "role" will store your shortcuts and allow for re-applying the shortcuts.
2021-01-04_10-05-25_hqk8ru.png

Regards,
Tomas

unfortunately NX have few shortcuts, and telling users to make their own is not very helpful.
I used Alt-M combos: do a command once, remember the combo and use it many-many times.
Alas, after we switched to NX12 Alt-M combos became a pain:
now have to wait like 1 second between each letter entered until submenu is rendered. Before the Alt-M combo was going into a buffer, and the needed command could be reached in one swoop very quickly. E.g. Extrude is Alt-M,S,E,R is entered in a fraction of a second.

Anyone knows workarounds?
I hope NX team at some point will start paying attention to keyboard input usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back