NX modeling principal plane of an assembly too stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paotr

Aerospace
Feb 11, 2023
FR
Hello,
I work with an assembly around 3m x 4m x 4m and i don't know why but when i hit "Fit view" it takes me so far away that the part becomes 1 pixel.

I thought there was a small element of the assembly like a screw that wanders very far from the rest but after checking I don't think so (difficult to check all, i don't have strategy).

Otherwise I think a camera setting problem.

Anyway when I orbit around the assembly I sometimes lose sight of it completely and the only way I have found to find it again is to create a new sketch, bring up the 3 default planes and
zoom in to the intersection of the 3. Please see the attached image which illustrates what i am writing.

Streched_planes_brd14u.png

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this camera/adjustment/wandering problem?

Thank you,

Paotr
NX 1973

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The problem is that someone somewhere decided your default should use three default planes instead of a single absolute CSYS.

Incompetent people are everywhere. Some make CAD templates.

@Paotr

I understand that your issue is that when you do a fit, it zooms out from what you're working on? The planes you refer to are just a way of seeing where the origin is.

Did you try the suggestion #9 in the PDF you refer to (I wrote that by the way).
What I would suggest is to switch between top, front & right views, doing a fit between each one. Your box should appear in one corner, the object/objects causing the issue will be diagonally opposite when a fit is done.You should then be able to select & delete them. See attached video for an example of what I'm referring to.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2212 (13 versions)

Thank you PhoeNX, I'm honored and a little impressed to see that it's the writer who answers!
I tried the technique without success, I even repeated it on all the layers and nothing either.

@Paotr
If you're able to, upload the file here I can take a look at it.
Otherwise I can arrange a link for you to upload to.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2212 (13 versions)

Problem solved !

The culprit was a joint
[ul]
[li]in a pack of 2
far from its twin
in a sub sub assembly[/li]
[/ul]

I found it by loading each sub-assembly one after the other and checking the extent of the three plans by doing "new sketch".
As soon as the plans became huge I opened the sub-assembly in another window and deleted the culprit with the PhoeNX technique.

Again, thank you PhoeNX :)

Paotr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back