Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Nastran

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikefer

Structural
Jul 31, 2012
CH
Hi everybody,

I am managing a SOL 601,106 with Nx Nastran (NX8). Does anybody know why even if I have required to plot the STRAIN ENERGY in the case control, nothing appear when I load the results?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

the THRESH field in the ESE case control command is defaulted to 0.001, which means that any element who's strain energy falls below 0.001 would be suppressed. You could have a case wherein the strain energy for all the elements in your model falls below this criteria.

Try using:

ESE(plot,thresh=0.0)=all on your model and check the outcome.

Hi nlgyro,

Thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately, after I posted the thread I found out in the "Advanced Nonlinear Theory and Modeling Guide" of Nx Nastran that with SOL 601 ESE doesn't work. In fact, not only this but also some other outputs (e.g. stress/strain for beam element) are not available with this simulation. I can imagine that it is a problem of communication between Nx Nastran and ADINA. Hopefully in the following versions an higher integration will be provided.

Regards
spikefer

Thx for the update. Now looking at your original post you did mention SOL 601,106 and for some reason, I took it as SOL 601 and SOL 106... my bad!. I have faced this issue with sol 106 in the past, but anyway glad you were able to sort things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back