Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Parts List Component Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

electracomplex

Automotive
Jan 17, 2014
US
Hi Y'all,

So this is frustrating: I apply component attributes in "bulk" which in this case are detail numbers but it seems they do not propagate up the tree so that I've just spent the last 30 minutes applying attribute "DET" at the component level, then at the sub-assembly level, and not it appears I'll have to do it one more time at the main drawing file level.

Knowing what I know now I would have done it once at the main assembly drawing level but is there really no way for the parts list to see these component attributes unless they are applied at the main assembly level?

~Felicia H.
NX 12.0.1.7

"Design all things as simple as possible but not simpler."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

there is a second setting -option in the attributes dialog on "onto what" you will apply the attribute to, Component/ Instance/ Reference set / Part.
- Maybe the last option is what you are looking for ?

Traditional / Bulk mode is only how the attributes are displayed in the menu. - The bulk mode allows for editing of several instances at the same time.
( This properties dialog is not easy to understand or use sadly. )

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back